Day Visitor Campaigns
Working in partnership with RH Partners this new English Riviera awareness campaign commenced on the 13th March to Friday 21st March and has generated a 68% increase in traffic from Exeter to the official English Riviera website compared to the same time last year.
The Exeter campaign costing £40k included a number of inter linked activities all designed to raise awareness of the English Riviera and all that it has to offer including:
- Display Advertising including Bill Boards and Bus Sides
- Radio Exe adverts
- Social Media advertising actively targeting Exeter residents
- Distribution of 25,000 copies of the 2017 Experience the English Riviera Resort Guide
All calls to action was to visit the official English Riviera website.
Target Day Visitors from Exeter, making a ‘big thing’ of the new road and the fact that South Devon’s Beautiful Bay and all that it offers is now just 30 minutes away and the perfect location anytime, daytime or nightime.
Day visitors from Exeter and the surrounding area:
• Families – interested in day visits to the beaches, coast and attractions
• Couples/Professional singles – day and evening visitors for coast, restaurants, bars & nightlife
Chosen Media Channels
We planned a combination of formats in Exeter to maximise visibility through impact and frequency. The solution included both buses and posters. Buses not only provided coverage in Exeter but also coverage out of the city into surrounding market towns and villages surrounding Exeter.
Radio is a great call to action medium and works particularly well in conjunction with both digital and outdoor media. To maximise reach we recommend the inclusion of both local commercial stations for the Exeter & East Devon area: Heart Exeter and Radio Exe.
25,000 Exeter households were delivered a free copy of the new style 2017 English Riviera mini-guide (previously known as the Great Days Out Guide).
A dedicated digital campaign utilised Social Media channels that would deliver large awareness of the campaign and strong numbers of visitors to the English Riviera website including Facebook, Instagram and Gmail across all devices (desktop, mobile and tablet), giving us the largest opportunity to reach the target Exeter audience including the use of carousel ads with multiple images.
- Increased National Promotion of the official English Riviera Guide resulting in a 7% increase in guide requests compared to 2016 Read more… Investment in a Last-Minute Summer Short Break Social Media Campaign lasting 6 weeks …Read More »
- Work is now underway to produce the 2018 English Riviera Destination Guide. The Advertising Rate Card has been circulated promoting Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Advertising Packages with prices held for 2018. Please note that …Read More »
- A new English Riviera Pub Guide is planned by the ERBID Company for 2018 providing a FREE advertising opportunity for all levy paying pubs across the ERBID. This new guide will be a printed guide …Read More »
- The ERBID will operate for 5 years and gives us all the opportunity to plan ahead and build on the momentum that is now taking place across the resort. Complementing the successful core Destination Marketing …Read More »
- The English Riviera has been listed as ‘NUMBER ONE’ in The Mirror’s top picks for a Summer Staycation. For more details see: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/british-breaks/best-cheap-british-holiday-destinations-7209604 As you would expect, the English Riviera BID Company ‘are straight on …Read More »