Dear Tourism Partners
I am pleased to announce the results of the recent ballot for Directors of the ERBID Company conducted for the ERBID Company by Torbay Council.
The following seven candidates have been selected by the vote of the company members:
- Helen Brenton – Sales and Marketing Manager – The Osborne Club
- Martin Brook – Owner -Pilgrim’s Rest Cottages
- Pippa Cradock – Marketing and Development Director -Paignton Zoo & Living Coasts
- Richard Cuming – Owner Bygones
- Claire Flower – Marketing Director – Beverley Holidays
- Simon Jolly – General Manager – Riviera International Conference Centre
- Tony Smyth – Owner – Sonachan House
They join the company chief executive officer Carolyn Custerson and the council’s tourism officer Kevin Mowat on the board.
One of the first tasks of the new board will be to select the four co-opted directors to ensure the board has the necessary skills and balance. Once the full board is in place they will select a new chair person.
The existing board will be stepping down after today’s board meeting. I do want to thank them all for all their work and support in ensuring the ERBID has made such a successful start. I am sure over the next four years the success of the ERBID will continue with the vital work of promoting the English Rivera.
Personally I want to thank you all for your support which has made this possible. The ERBID is a co-operative venture that can only succeed when we all work together