English Riviera Performance Monitor
The English Riviera Performance Monitor (previously known as the How’s Business Survey) will be circulated monthly by email to all ERBID businesses.
This survey is very important. Your individual input remains confidential but the consolidated figures allow us to measure trends across the resort and benchmark against performance across the South West.
The new style confidential survey takes just 5 minutes to complete and collects data regarding the previous month regarding footfall and occupancy and forecasts moving forwards, highlighting any areas of concern. The data once analysed will be uploaded below by month for everyone to view.
English Riviera visitor numbers were down by 1.7% compared to January 2018. This figure is slightly behind the SW region (-1%). ERBID businesses turnover was down by 1.1% and equal to the SW region.
English Riviera visitor numbers and turnover overall was relatively stable. Visitors numbers were down by 2.6% and didn’t perform as well as the region (-1.2%). Turnover was down by 2.1% and again did not perform as well as the region (-1.2%).
The timing of Easter in the two years had an impact on stats comparisons. English Riviera visitor numbers were down by 4% and performed better than the region (-5%). Turnover increased by 1% and performed much better than the region (-2%). There was increased optimism for the second month running.
Performance was broadly similar to the region with visitor numbers increasing by 2% and turnover increasing by 0.5%, compared to 1% for the region. This shows a small increase in visitor numbers and the most positive month so far.
English Riviera visitors and turnover decreased by 2% and was similar to the region’s figures. Bookings appeared to be very last minute.
There was a large decrease in English Riviera visitor numbers this month, 10% down and did not perform as well as the region (-8%). Turnover performance was 3% down and performed much better than the region (-7%). The weather during this month was not good with events such as Torbay Air Show significantly impacted by wet conditions. Serviced occupancy was down 11% compared to 2018 across all accommodation types.
- The February 2020 survey saw businesses already starting to feel …More »
- Overall, January 2020 saw a decrease in visitors compared to …More »
- December estimates are visitors were 1% down and turnover 2% …More »
- Key points: November visitors for the English Riviera compared to …More »
- October visitors for the English Riviera compared to last year …More »
- September visitors for the English Riviera compared to last year …More »
- Visitors and turnover were again slightly down on both the …More »
- Visitors and turnover were slightly down on both the Riviera …More »
- June was not a good month, either on the English …More »
- Performance on the Riviera for May was again broadly similar …More »
- Performance on the Riviera was broadly similar to the region …More »
- A total of 79 responses were recorded for March 2019, …More »