The prestigious and hugely competitive Devon Tourism Awards 2017 has announced its shortlist of finalists and highly commended with an outstanding 13 English Riviera businesses included.
8 of the English Riviera businesses are up for the top awards and could walk away with a Gold, Silver or Bronze accolade at the finalists’ ceremony in Plymouth on 23 November. The remaining 5 English Riviera businesses have received Highly Commended Awards.
This year saw a record of 205 entries and a total of 76 finalists were selected, all of whom will be in suspense until 23 November when they will learn whether they have won the coveted Gold, Silver, Bronze or special awards.
Carolyn Custerson, Chief Executive of the English Riviera BID Company said, “This outstanding performance in the 2017 Devon Tourism Awards is evidence of the excellent progress being made in the delivery of quality standards across the English Riviera. Good luck to all the finalist and congratulations to those highly commended.”
Successful businesses in the Devon Tourism Awards will also be fast tracked into the South West Tourism Excellence Awards in February 2018, with nominees in matching categories invited to represent Devon in to the National VisitEngland Awards later in 2018.
English Riviera Finalists are:
- Haytor Hotel, Torquay (Access & Inclusivity Award)
- Reach Outdoors, Paignton (Active & Sporting Experience Award)
- The 25 Boutique B & B, Torquay (Bed & Breakfast of the Year)
- Cantina Kitchen & Bar, Paignton (Café/Tearoom of the Year)
- The Guardhouse Café, Brixham (Café/Tearoom of the Year)
- The Elephant Restaurant, Torquay (Restaurant/Bistro of the Year)
- Cary Arms & Spa, Babbacombe (Small Boutique Hotel of the Year)
- Cary Arms & Spa, Babbacombe (Spa & Wellbeing Experience of the Year)
English Riviera Businesses Highly Commended are:
- Whitehill Country Park, Paignton (Dog Friendly Business of the Year)
- Whitehill Country Park, Paignton (Holiday Park of the Year)
- The Somerville Boutique B & B, Torquay (Bed & Breakfast of the Year)
- National Trust Greenway, Galmpton (Large Attraction of the Year)
- Haytor Hotel, Torquay (Small/Boutique Hotel of the Year)
Various Special Awards plus the Winner of Winners will also be announced on 23 November.