Exeter Campaign Update
Working in partnership with RH Partners this new English Riviera awareness campaign commenced on the 13th March to Friday 21st March and has generated a 68% increase in traffic from Exeter to the official English Riviera website compared to the same time last year.
The Exeter campaign costing £40k included a number of inter linked activities all designed to raise awareness of the English Riviera and all that it has to offer including:
- Display Advertising including Bill Boards and Bus Sides
- Radio Exe adverts
- Social Media advertising actively targeting Exeter residents
- Distribution of 25,000 copies of the 2017 Experience the English Riviera Resort Guide
All calls to action was to visit the official English Riviera website.
Target Day Visitors from Exeter, making a ‘big thing’ of the new road and the fact that South Devon’s Beautiful Bay and all that it offers is now just 30 minutes away and the perfect location anytime, daytime or nightime.
Day visitors from Exeter and the surrounding area:
• Families – interested in day visits to the beaches, coast and attractions
• Couples/Professional singles – day and evening visitors for coast, restaurants, bars & nightlife
Chosen Media Channels
We planned a combination of formats in Exeter to maximise visibility through impact and frequency. The solution included both buses and posters. Buses not only provided coverage in Exeter but also coverage out of the city into surrounding market towns and villages surrounding Exeter.
Radio is a great call to action medium and works particularly well in conjunction with both digital and outdoor media. To maximise reach we recommend the inclusion of both local commercial stations for the Exeter & East Devon area: Heart Exeter and Radio Exe.
25,000 Exeter households were delivered a free copy of the new style 2017 English Riviera mini-guide (previously known as the Great Days Out Guide).
A dedicated digital campaign utilised Social Media channels that would deliver large awareness of the campaign and strong numbers of visitors to the English Riviera website including Facebook, Instagram and Gmail across all devices (desktop, mobile and tablet), giving us the largest opportunity to reach the target Exeter audience including the use of carousel ads with multiple images.
- The ERBID Company has launched a new integrated Short Break Social Media Campaign commencing 10th May 2017 targeting the over 55’s and under 35’s in the Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire, Newport and Swindon areas to take a Short Break on …Read More »
- Running for 6 weeks up to the 21st April, the new ERBID’s first integrated Exeter Campaign targeting Day Visitors has resulted in a 68% uplift on visitors to the English Riviera website. Promotional activity included: …Read More »
- Produced in partnership with the ERBID Company and Trinity Mirror (Herald Express), the new 2017 Experience the English Riviera Guide (previously known as Great Days Out) has been published with an increased print run of …Read More »
- With one of the ERBID’s key Business Plan objectives to extend the season and increase occupancy and footfall outside of the school holidays two new TV adverts are to be made. Following a competitive tender …Read More »
- Our thanks to the 153 businesses that took the time to complete the online website survey recently circulated by the ERBID Company. Your feedback was invaluable and has helped us enormously. Top line findings included: …Read More »