The National Coastal Tourism Academy (NCTA) was established in 2013 with funding from the Coastal Communities Fund to create a centre for excellence, share best practice and analyse the nature of coastal tourism to boost jobs and economic growth in the visitor economy.
The NCTA now has an in-depth knowledge of the visitor economy on the coast and have available to review a number of very interesting and insightful research reports presented in their ‘resource hub’ that identify growing business potential for coastal businesses.
Valued at £8bn for Domestic overnight and day trip spend
A snapshot of performance of tourism businesses on England’s coast.
Results from Wave 5 – School summer holidays in July and August 2017
Barclays Industry Research
Barclays Bank have provided numerous research on Tourism and Leisure industries, please see below.
- December estimates are visitors were 1% down and turnover 2% down compared to last year …More »
- Key points: November visitors for the English Riviera compared to last year are estimated at …More »
- October visitors for the English Riviera compared to last year are estimated at -3.7% (region …More »
- September visitors for the English Riviera compared to last year are estimated at +1.2% (region …More »
- Visitors and turnover were again slightly down on both the Riviera and the region for …More »