England’s Seafood COAST/FEAST Projects
The English Riviera BID Company were successful for 3 consecutive years in securing a total of £250k via the Discover England Fund, for an exciting new international ‘foodie’ tourism project called England’s Seafood COAST.
Named England’s Seafood COAST for good reason, the English Riviera is home to the UK’s finest seafood and the world-famous Brixham Fish Market, where some of the nation’s best chefs source their seafood. Each year over £40 million worth of fish is landed, making Brixham the biggest fishing port in England by value. The day’s catch is sold in the early morning auction, where visitors can take pre-bookable early morning tours.
The English Riviera BID Company’s funding success meant that for the first time the English Riviera was able to develop and deliver an exciting new ‘foodie’ focused tourism project and many international journalists have visited us as a result. Some recent articles are listed below:
- British Muslim Magazine – ‘A Celebration of Seafood: England’s Seafood FEAST’ – July 2019
- Crumbs Magazine – ‘England’s Seafood FEAST’ feature, September 2019
- Devon Life – ‘A Packed Programme To Try’, September 2019
- English Riviera Magazine – ‘England’s Seafood FEAST’, August/September 2019
In addition, the DEF award has meant that the English Riviera BID Company has been able to attend a number of Travel Trade and Consumer exhibitions that the ERBID would not have been able to afford including the following:
- ITB – Berlin, Germany – The world’s leading travel show marketing to over 160 countries and attracting over 160,000 visitors.
- Vakantiebeurs – Utrecht, Holland – The Vakantiebeurs is a major tourism and leisure fair including trade and some very busy consumer days.
- Explore GB – ExploreGB is VisitBritain’s flagship event providing British & Irish tourism suppliers and destinations with an invaluable opportunity to meet and do business with over 200 hosted international travel buyers from 30+ countries.
The English Riviera BID Company as a result of the DEF award for the England’s Seafood COAST project attended the above three events for 2018 and 2019, but will not be able to afford to attend in 2020 as the DEF award finished on the 31st March 2019.
The Seafood COAST publication shown below was also produced translated into German and Dutch to take to the Trade Shows.
We encourage you to use both the England’s Seafood COAST and The Seafood FEAST logos on your website and these are available to download below.
The Seafood COAST Project has been very successful in bringing local food and drink producers together culminating in the launch of a new event, The Seafood FEAST. The Seafood FEAST, sponsored by the English Riviera BID Company is a growing two week local ‘foodie’ event that many ERBID partners are now getting involved with and benefiting from.
Nationally Britain has one of the world’s most inspiring coastlines and more and more emphasis is being put on the promotion of England’s Coast to attract more overseas visitors and the English Riviera BID Company continue to be a partner of the England’s Coast Project.
The England’s COAST Project s now a national DEF project and ERBID Levy Partners are encouraged to register now and include their businesses on this growing international consumer platform that also promotes the English Riviera via a range of translated visitor itineraries.
International Marketing Materials Available
The Seafood Coast Project has been working with the South West Coast Path Association and a new video and translated, downloadable PDF walks are now available for you to share with your guests.
The seven day walks are free to download and available in English, Dutch and German. They are also available as printed pocket sized z-cards, via the Tourist Information Centre and as a downloadable App.
The new video above has also been produced to promote and accompany the walks.
- This autumn sees the return of England’s Seafood FEAST, a 2-week-long celebration of world-renowned local seafood on the English Riviera in beautiful south Devon. From 20 September to 6 October the towns of Brixham, Paignton …Read More »
- Led by Anna Trant, the new 2018 Seafood FEAST programme is continuing to be developed. Nearly 30 food events are already included and being promoted. Now is the perfect time for you to get involved! …Read More »
- We are absolutely delighted to inform you that we have been successful in securing the next round of funding from the VisitBritain £40m Discover England Fund in a bid to enhance our tourism offer and increase …Read More »
- A new England’s Seafood Coast Logo is now available for Seafood Coast Ambassadors to use.Read More »
- Aimed at the International Market we are delighted to confirm we have been successful with our bid to VisitEngland/VisitBritain for Continuation Funding. This means we can now focus on: Development of a new Seafood Coast Food Festival …Read More »