England’s Seafood Coast national seafood trail
Following a successful third-year bid for continued funding from Visit England’s Discover England Fund, we are in the process of creating a national seafood trail.
Research carried out in the previous funding period showed that our target Dutch and German markets welcome the concept of England’s Seafood Coast. The pilot project encompassing the English Riviera whetted their appetite; research and feedback from tour operators and the public showed that visitors have a desire to visit England’s Seafood Coast. They particularly want multi-stop itineraries around the coast over a wider geographical area.
The Year 3 funding is enabling expansion of the brand to create a national seafood trail around the coast of England. Working in conjunction with the ‘England’s Coast’ DEF project, the expansion will enable visitors to identify and book eateries that serve locally-landed seafood. This adds a layer to the current England’s Coast web-based itinerary builder, which currently focusses on accommodation, experiences and attractions. We are working jointly with the England’s Coast team to promote the platform to international markets and increase the number of visitors visiting the coast.
Meanwhile plans are coming together locally for England’s Seafood FEAST, the English Riviera’s inaugural seafood event. From the 22 September to 7 October local businesses will host a range of set seafood menus and events across Brixham, Paignton and Torquay. At the time of writing 50 events have been listed, with more being added daily. Support has been universal from businesses and potential customers alike, and coverage from local, regional and national publications is due in the coming weeks.
Carolyn Custerson, Project Director and Chief Executive of the ERBID Company supported by Anna Trant as Project Co-ordinator, said: “We are excited both by the programme for England’s Seafood FEAST, and the opportunities presented by creating a wider England’s Seafood Coast. By developing the project locally and nationally we are in a strong position to attract new international visitors to our coastline.’
- Led by Anna Trant, the new 2018 Seafood FEAST programme is continuing to be developed. Nearly 30 food events are already included and being promoted. Now is the perfect time for you to get involved! …Read More »
- We are absolutely delighted to inform you that we have been successful in securing the next round of funding from the VisitBritain £40m Discover England Fund in a bid to enhance our tourism offer and increase …Read More »
- A new England’s Seafood Coast Logo is now available for Seafood Coast Ambassadors to use.Read More »
- Aimed at the International Market we are delighted to confirm we have been successful with our bid to VisitEngland/VisitBritain for Continuation Funding. This means we can now focus on: Development of a new Seafood Coast Food Festival …Read More »
- The Seafood Coast Project has been working with the South West Coast Path Association and a new video and translated, downloadable PDF walks are now available for you to share with your guests. The seven day walks …Read More »