During the industry consultation process that led to the establishment of the English Riviera Business Improvement District (ERBID) local tourism businesses highlighted national TV advertising as their number one priority regarding promotion of the resort, recognising that working as individual businesses this could not be afforded.
Listening to the businesses and aligning to the key objectives of the ERBID 5 year Business Plan which is to try and increase shoulder season occupancy and footfall, the ERBID Board made the decision to commission the production of two new adverts targeting the over 55’s and under 35’s, who are able to travel anytime of the year.
The two 30 second TV adverts can be viewed here:
Transmitted on ITV 1 in peak slots alongside programmes such as Coronation Street between March 22nd to April 16th the TV campaign was supplemented with Digital Campaigns targeting staying visitors living in the Midlands.
Transmitted on ITV 1 Hub (catch up TV) with this campaign targeting Bristol and South Wales.
The total 2018 TV campaign cost £135k. £35k to produce the two adverts and £100k in air time.
The ERBID Executive Team are currently undertaking a detailed evaluation and will publish this report shortly. During the period of the TV campaign visitor numbers to the home page of the web site increased by 35% and guide requests by over 100% so there is no doubt that the TV campaign did have a positive impact.
In principal the ERBID Board have unanimously agreed to invest further in TV advertising for 2019. Further market testing of the over 55’s advert is to take place and a new 30 second Family Fun commercial has been commissioned with Original Concept based in Torquay. No further major investment in TV advertising targeting the under 35’s is to take place at present.
- Increased National Promotion of the official English Riviera Guide resulting in a 7% increase in guide requests compared to 2016 Read more… Investment in a Last-Minute Summer Short Break Social Media Campaign lasting 6 weeks …Read More »
- Work is now underway to produce the 2018 English Riviera Destination Guide. The Advertising Rate Card has been circulated promoting Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Advertising Packages with prices held for 2018. Please note that …Read More »
- A new English Riviera Pub Guide is planned by the ERBID Company for 2018 providing a FREE advertising opportunity for all levy paying pubs across the ERBID. This new guide will be a printed guide …Read More »
- The ERBID will operate for 5 years and gives us all the opportunity to plan ahead and build on the momentum that is now taking place across the resort. Complementing the successful core Destination Marketing …Read More »
- The English Riviera has been listed as ‘NUMBER ONE’ in The Mirror’s top picks for a Summer Staycation. For more details see: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/british-breaks/best-cheap-british-holiday-destinations-7209604 As you would expect, the English Riviera BID Company ‘are straight on …Read More »