The English Riviera BID Company is to invest £98,000 in advertising on ITV 1 for four weeks from mid March 2018 , with a new 30 second commercial targeting the over 55 market in the midlands area with an expected reach of 3.5 million adults. The commercial will be placed round ‘hero’ programmes on ITV 1 the main broadcasting channel and has been produced with the aim to attract new visitors to the English Riviera.
In addition a second 30 second commercial targeting the under 35’s will be broadcast on ITV Hub and is expected to reach 250,000. One fixed high-profile spot on ITV Westcountry is also to be made to enable ERBID partners to see the over 55’s commercial locally.
The focus on the over 55’s and under 35’s domestic markets is to support the key objectives of the ERBID Business Plan which is to work to strengthen the shoulder seasons in terms of occupancy, footfall and visitor spend. Both of these markets are available to travel anytime of the year.
Evidence from recent research by the National Coastal Tourism Academy endorses the business potential of the over 55 and under 35 markets.
The two new mwere produced by a local filming company, Soundview Media based in Plymouth after a competitive tender process. RH Partners in Exeter will mahane the air time buying on behalf of the ERBID Company.
The over 55’s commercial has been deliberately designed to neutralise any traditional views of domestic seaside holidays and to appeal to the ‘young ant heart’ with an increased focus on our outstanding coastal location and our growing reputation for quality local food and in particular fresh fish and seafood.
- Increased National Promotion of the official English Riviera Guide resulting in a 7% increase in guide requests compared to 2016 Read more… Investment in a Last-Minute Summer Short Break Social Media Campaign lasting 6 weeks …Read More »
- Work is now underway to produce the 2018 English Riviera Destination Guide. The Advertising Rate Card has been circulated promoting Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Advertising Packages with prices held for 2018. Please note that …Read More »
- A new English Riviera Pub Guide is planned by the ERBID Company for 2018 providing a FREE advertising opportunity for all levy paying pubs across the ERBID. This new guide will be a printed guide …Read More »
- The ERBID will operate for 5 years and gives us all the opportunity to plan ahead and build on the momentum that is now taking place across the resort. Complementing the successful core Destination Marketing …Read More »
- The English Riviera has been listed as ‘NUMBER ONE’ in The Mirror’s top picks for a Summer Staycation. For more details see: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/british-breaks/best-cheap-british-holiday-destinations-7209604 As you would expect, the English Riviera BID Company ‘are straight on …Read More »