2019 NATIONAL TV ADVERTISING
The ERBID Company will be investing for the second year in 2019 in national TV advertising, showing the over 50’s advert on ITV Central for 4 weeks from 9th March to the 7th April 2019.
Based on the 2018 advert the newly edited version is expected to be seen over 6,844,000 times.
Evaluation of the 2018 national TV campaign confirmed the power of national advertising resulting in a 30% uplift in traffic to the website and over a 70% increase in the English Riviera Destination Guide during the period that the adverts were shown.
From: Rick Hustwick <email@example.com>
Sent: 09 July 2018 21:50
To: Carolyn Custerson
Subject: Thank you!
Dear ERTBID Team,
Thank you for all that you’ve done recently. We’ve just had our busiest month ever since running the Harmony B&B in two years (June 2018 topped our last two Augusts).
I know that the weather has been good but when we look at the locations that our guests have arrived from and compare that to the audience of the TV ads, there is a strong correlation, so simply put: They worked.
We appreciate all that you guys do!
Rick and Able Hustwit, The Harmony Torquay
During the industry consultation process that led to the establishment of the English Riviera Business Improvement District (ERBID) local tourism businesses highlighted national TV advertising as their number one priority regarding promotion of the resort, recognising that working as individual businesses this could not be afforded.
Listening to the businesses and aligning to the key objectives of the ERBID 5 year Business Plan which is to try and increase shoulder season occupancy and footfall, the ERBID Board made the decision to commission the production of two new adverts targeting the over 50’s and under 35’s, who are able to travel anytime of the year.
The over 50’s advert performed significantly better than the under 35’s and the decision has been made by the Focus Groups and ERBID Board to now focus investment on the over 50’s market to help improve shoulder season occupancy and footfall.
- Increased National Promotion of the official English Riviera Guide resulting in a 7% increase in guide requests compared to 2016 Read more… Investment in a Last-Minute Summer Short Break Social Media Campaign lasting 6 weeks …Read More »
- Work is now underway to produce the 2018 English Riviera Destination Guide. The Advertising Rate Card has been circulated promoting Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Advertising Packages with prices held for 2018. Please note that …Read More »
- A new English Riviera Pub Guide is planned by the ERBID Company for 2018 providing a FREE advertising opportunity for all levy paying pubs across the ERBID. This new guide will be a printed guide …Read More »
- The ERBID will operate for 5 years and gives us all the opportunity to plan ahead and build on the momentum that is now taking place across the resort. Complementing the successful core Destination Marketing …Read More »
- The English Riviera has been listed as ‘NUMBER ONE’ in The Mirror’s top picks for a Summer Staycation. For more details see: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/british-breaks/best-cheap-british-holiday-destinations-7209604 As you would expect, the English Riviera BID Company ‘are straight on …Read More »