The Power of TV
During the consultation leading to the setting up of the English Riviera BID businesses across the resort highlighted their desire to see the new company investing in national TV advertising to attract new visitors, particularly in the shoulder season months.
TV generates the highest Return on Investment (ROI) of any media and remains the most effective short-term advertising activity responsible for continue to drive response through online channels to www.englishriviera.co.uk
For 2019 a 4 week national day time TV Campaign achieving 6.8 million accumulative views was delivered in the ITV Central area from 9th March to 7th April 2019 targeting an adult audience with a particular focus on reaching 55+ adults (the fastest growing section of the British population)
The campaign was managed by Mostly Media a professional media planning and buying company. The campaign was carefully monitored and over delivered in terms of both reach and impacts. The full Evaluation Report is available here.
In terms of increasing traffic to www.englishriviera.co.uk the 2019 national TV campaign had a very positive impact with traffic to the website increasing by 34% during the TV campaign, with traffic from Birmingham in particular increasing by 58%. Birmingham is at the heart of the ITV Central area. The uplift in new visitors to the website was significant and should be seen as very positive as the objective of national TV advertising is to raise awareness of the English Riviera brand and to attract new visitors to the destination.
For 2020 and based on the success of the 2019 TV Campaign, the English Riviera BID Company is planning to expand the English Riviera national TV Campaign and discussions are currently under way with ERBID partners to finalise the national advertising plan.
- Work is now underway to produce the 2018 English Riviera Destination Guide. The Advertising Rate Card has been circulated promoting Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Advertising Packages with prices held for 2018. Please note that …Read More »
- A new English Riviera Pub Guide is planned by the ERBID Company for 2018 providing a FREE advertising opportunity for all levy paying pubs across the ERBID. This new guide will be a printed guide …Read More »
- The ERBID will operate for 5 years and gives us all the opportunity to plan ahead and build on the momentum that is now taking place across the resort. Complementing the successful core Destination Marketing …Read More »
- The English Riviera has been listed as ‘NUMBER ONE’ in The Mirror’s top picks for a Summer Staycation. For more details see: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/british-breaks/best-cheap-british-holiday-destinations-7209604 As you would expect, the English Riviera BID Company ‘are straight on …Read More »
- The ERBID Company has launched a new integrated Short Break Social Media Campaign commencing 10th May 2017 targeting the over 55’s and under 35’s in the Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire, Newport and Swindon areas to take a Short Break on …Read More »