Visitor Information Service
English Riviera Visitor Information Service now open 6 days per week including Saturday and Sunday
Handling over 130,000 enquiries per year the English Riviera BID Company will continue to operate the English Riviera Visitor Information Centre (VIC) in 2017 supporting all BID businesses throughout the year with stocking promotional literature FREE OF CHARGE.
FREE VISITOR MAPS will continue to be available for both visitors visiting the centre and businesses wanting to provide them at their own premises.
Other services include Theatre Ticket Sales, National Express Tickets, Bus Tickets and Timetables, Boat Tickets and the promotion of local Events and Festivals via the English Riviera What’s On Calendar.
The central VIC is located on Torquay harbourside and is managed by Katrine Harrington and a small team of seasonal staff and volunteers. If you are in a position to offer a few hours to help please contact Katrine as we are planning to operate a 7 day service from June 1st.
The Visitor Information telephone number is: 01803 659790
The Torquay VIC is supported by a growing number of Visitor Information Points (VIPs) across the resort who kindly provide free of charge space at their premises to display Visitor Information and include:
- Hobb Nobs Gift shop, Brixham Harbour
- Romany Jones Café, Kingskerwell
- Churston Farmshop
- Torquay Library
- We hope to also be in a position to deliver a new mobile Visitor Information Centre at major events such as we did at the Torbay Air Show.
- The ERBID Company has launched a new integrated Short Break Social Media Campaign commencing 10th May 2017 targeting the over 55’s and under 35’s in the Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire, Newport and Swindon areas to take a Short Break on …Read More »
- Running for 6 weeks up to the 21st April, the new ERBID’s first integrated Exeter Campaign targeting Day Visitors has resulted in a 68% uplift on visitors to the English Riviera website. Promotional activity included: …Read More »
- Produced in partnership with the ERBID Company and Trinity Mirror (Herald Express), the new 2017 Experience the English Riviera Guide (previously known as Great Days Out) has been published with an increased print run of …Read More »
- With one of the ERBID’s key Business Plan objectives to extend the season and increase occupancy and footfall outside of the school holidays two new TV adverts are to be made. Following a competitive tender …Read More »
- Our thanks to the 153 businesses that took the time to complete the online website survey recently circulated by the ERBID Company. Your feedback was invaluable and has helped us enormously. Top line findings included: …Read More »