New Partnership Visitor Information Service For 2017
The ERBID Company and Dartmouth Steam Railway and River Boat Company are working in partnership to deliver Visitor Information Services at the official English Riviera Visitor Information Centre situated on Torquay Harbourside. This new partnership means that the English Riviera Visitor Information Service can now extend its opening hours including Saturday and Sunday through the summer.
Handling over 130,000 enquiries per year the English Riviera BID Company will continue to operate the English Riviera Visitor Information Centre (VIC) in 2017 supporting all BID businesses throughout the year with stocking promotional literature FREE OF CHARGE.
FREE VISITOR MAPS will continue to be available for both visitors visiting the centre and businesses wanting to provide them at their own premises.
Other services include Theatre Ticket Sales, National Express Tickets, Bus Tickets and Timetables, Boat Tickets and the promotion of local Events and Festivals via the English Riviera What’s On Calendar.
The central VIC is located on Torquay harbourside and is managed by Katrine Harrington and a small team of seasonal staff and volunteers.
If you are in a position to offer a few hours to help please contact Katrine as we are planning to operate a 7 day service from June 1st. The temporary Visitor Information telephone number is: 01803 659790
The Torquay VIC is supported by a growing number of Visitor Information Points (VIPs) across the resort who kindly provide free of charge space at their premises to display Visitor Information and include:
- Hobb Nobs Gift shop, Brixham Harbour
- Romany Jones Café, Kingskerwell
- Churston Farmshop
- Torquay Library
- We hope to also be in a position to deliver a new mobile Visitor Information Centre at major events such as we did at the Torbay Air Show.
- Increased National Promotion of the official English Riviera Guide resulting in a 7% increase in guide requests compared to 2016 Read more… Investment in a Last-Minute Summer Short Break Social Media Campaign lasting 6 weeks …Read More »
- Work is now underway to produce the 2018 English Riviera Destination Guide. The Advertising Rate Card has been circulated promoting Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Advertising Packages with prices held for 2018. Please note that …Read More »
- A new English Riviera Pub Guide is planned by the ERBID Company for 2018 providing a FREE advertising opportunity for all levy paying pubs across the ERBID. This new guide will be a printed guide …Read More »
- The ERBID will operate for 5 years and gives us all the opportunity to plan ahead and build on the momentum that is now taking place across the resort. Complementing the successful core Destination Marketing …Read More »
- The English Riviera has been listed as ‘NUMBER ONE’ in The Mirror’s top picks for a Summer Staycation. For more details see: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/british-breaks/best-cheap-british-holiday-destinations-7209604 As you would expect, the English Riviera BID Company ‘are straight on …Read More »