The new English Riviera BID Company will act as the official Destination Marketing Organisation (DMO) for Torbay overseeing the management, delivery and evaluation of an extended range of local, regional, national and international Destination Marketing activities including the management of the official consumer brand, The English Riviera, South Devon’s Beautiful Bay.
The BID levy collected will ensure that increased investment in professionally coordinated Destination Marketing can continue for the next 5 years.
Destination Marketing Plans for 2017 include:
- Increased national circulation to 100,000 copies, of the Official Destination Guide
- Launch of a NEW look English Riviera Resort Guide
- A NEW Regional Day Visitor Campaign (focusing on Exeter for Year One)
- A NEW Sky TV Short Break campaign targeting new year round visitors
- Launch of a NEW fully mobile official web site: www.englishriviera.co.uk on which, every BID business will be promoted FREE OF CHARGE
As the official DMO for Torbay the new English Riviera BID Company will also continue to work closely with Visit England and Visit Britain to maximise opportunities for the resort to play a part in ongoing national and international joint funding opportunities including for example, the new England’s Seafood Coast Project which is being funded by the governments Discover England Fund.