The National Coastal Tourism Academy (NCTA) was established in 2013 with funding from the Coastal Communities Fund to create a centre for excellence, share best practice and analyse the nature of coastal tourism to boost jobs and economic growth in the visitor economy.
The NCTA now has an in-depth knowledge of the visitor economy on the coast and have available to review a number of very interesting and insightful research reports presented in their ‘resource hub’ that identify growing business potential for coastal businesses.
Valued at £8bn for Domestic overnight and day trip spend
A snapshot of performance of tourism businesses on England’s coast.
Results from Wave 5 – School summer holidays in July and August 2017
Barclays Industry Research
Barclays Bank have provided numerous research on Tourism and Leisure industries, please see below.
- Despite the Easter holidays falling during April this year around half of all businesses experienced …More »
- As the country continues its recovery post the pandemic, business levels were again less positive …More »
- 54% of businesses said their business was open for the whole of January whilst 13% …More »
- 62% of businesses said their business was open for the whole of December whilst 22% …More »
- 59% of businesses said their business had been open for the whole of November whilst …More »