The National Coastal Tourism Academy (NCTA) was established in 2013 with funding from the Coastal Communities Fund to create a centre for excellence, share best practice and analyse the nature of coastal tourism to boost jobs and economic growth in the visitor economy.
The NCTA now has an in-depth knowledge of the visitor economy on the coast and have available to review a number of very interesting and insightful research reports presented in their ‘resource hub’ that identify growing business potential for coastal businesses.
Valued at £8bn for Domestic overnight and day trip spend
A snapshot of performance of tourism businesses on England’s coast.
Results from Wave 5 – School summer holidays in July and August 2017
Barclays Industry Research
Barclays Bank have provided numerous research on Tourism and Leisure industries, please see below.
- In April 2021, 73% of businesses were closed as a result of COVID-19, 18% were …More »
- The English Riviera BID Company have published their Final ERBID2 Business Plan and if voted …More »
- In March 2021, 91% of businesses were closed during as a result of COVID-19, 7% …More »
- The past year has been extraordinary – and for many of us life-changing, and often …More »
- In February 2021, 96% of businesses were closed during as a result of COVID-19, 3% …More »